Why vegan pet food?In recent years, there has been a trend toward more and more plant-based products. The number of veg products has increased enormously. There are more and more meat substitutes in the stores and the number of people opting for a meatless menu keeps rising. For the large food concerns, this is reason enough to invest heavily in the veg market.
These developments point in a clear direction and also affect the market for pet products. There is also a development going on there. More and more vega pet owners want to make the choice to serve their dog or cat a meatless menu.
The pioneering phase is over: commercial vega dog food has been around for more than 35 years and has proven to be a healthy alternative dog food. It is therefore no coincidence that the dog Bramble lived to be no less than 27 years old and has been fed vega food all her life! This makes him the fourth oldest dog ever!
The benefits of vegan pet food?
- Sustainable: Plant-based products are more environmentally friendly than animal-based products.
- Ethical: No animals have to be killed.
- Healthy: The complete foods contain all the substances that a dog or cat needs to lead a healthy and enjoyable life.
- Tasty: And many dogs and cats already enjoy a vegetable meal every day.
- Cats thrive on vegan diet in peer-reviewed study | Vet Times
- Vegan Dog Food That Your Dog is Sure to Love | PETA
- Vegetarian versus Meat-Based Diets for Companion Animals
- 10 redenen waarom 2016 een topjaar was voor de vegarevolutie
- “Vegan” food and drink product launches outpace “vegetarian” in germany